Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Not worth it.


I was recently browsing some of my favorite stores’ websites, and came across a few pieces of jewelry I really liked.  Initially, while I was doing this, I intended to write about new trends in jewelry – the “in” colors, etc.  But what I realized as I perused Anthropologie’s necklace section is that “play” jewelry has become seriously overpriced.  I appreciate that some semi-precious stones are harder to come by than others. I understand that the jewelry being sold at Anthropologie is hand-crafted with care.  I understand that gold is expensive.  But, naturally, I find it appalling that necklaces like those which I have provided links to cost close to what a refrigerator or some other large, electronic household appliance might cost.  I’m pretty sure some of these necklaces cost more than my television.  Who actually buys this stuff? Some of this stuff looks like the kind of jewelry I used to make in pre-school. Out of beans and dried pasta. Give me a break.



No comments:

Post a Comment