Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fur in Fashion


I don’t want to get into a debate about the morality of killing, skinning, and wearing an animal's fur as fashion, but I thought I’d write a little bit about how ridiculous (and almost hilarious) the concept of “fashionable fur” really is. I’ll admit that I do own “Ugg” boots.  I do own objects made from leather.  My mother has a coat in her closet made from animal fur.  That being said, though I don’t think about this concept often, it really is bizarre that humans wear the hides of other animals as fashion.  Seems like a primal concept, right? Why do people pay thousands of dollars to wear the skin and fur of dead animals? I find the concept of fur more disgusting than the concept of leather.  At least leather doesn’t still look like the animal it came from. 

I found a few links to ridiculously priced fur items.  Enjoy.

Raccoon, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment